Wednesday, March 10, 2010

It is amazing....

how out of nowhere someone I have never even met can write some words on a screen and I feel like a hand has touched mine in comfort.  I mean I don't really know this person yet he reached out and gave me some wonderful and simple advice.  He wrote that my focus is my reality.  Yep, it is that simple.  I am focusing on the negatives again and it is not good for me.  This guy, like a psychic, quietly and almost apologetically e-mailed me personally to lift me up with words of comfort.  He said I am not alone...which made me cry because that is exactly what I have  been feeling lately since Rachell left.  I am not alone.  My family are not alone.  No matter what happens, I can focus on the good things and I am not alone.  I wish I could hug this guy in real life and tell him just how much those few moments out of his life that he took to write those words made such a difference to me.  I am not used to being the recipient of care;  it is usually me that gives to others yet when I need it the most, it comes to me, softly and unexpectedly. 

Thanks, Len, wherever you are.  You have the most perfect timing and gentle touch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carrie, I didn't see your post until now. Sorry for not acknowledging sooner.

I agree Len is something else indeed. Rare and necessary.

I really appreciate what you contribute to PW. Thank you for sharing more of yourself and your life. Warmest wishes, Hazel.