Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Imbolc

As it is Imbolc, which means "in the belly"  I am starting this blog.  My friends and even aquaintances have been at me for years to start a blog about my life and thoughts. I am turning 50 this month and so, with the "in the belly" seed-in-the-dark-earth  in mind,  I start.  Just to make things interesting, I want to say that my posts will fall into several categories:  daily living stuff, philosophical musings, political rantings, past reminescences, marriage and parenting issues, and emotional waves.  Warning!  There may even be outspoken sexual stuff, the occasional obscenity, and lots of opinion. 

Imbolc always meant more to me than the lighting of candles.  The phrase "in the belly"  brings up all sorts of sexual, reproductive connotations about swelling, pregnant, bellies  that resulted from passionate sexual enjoyment.  (I HAD to start right off with the sex stuff, didn't I?)  It is the dark of winter, when people have less light and babies are made.  Just the thought of all that coupling in the dark and all that life force flowing makes me want to DO something or make something or create something. So, now that I am no longer doing childbearing,  (though menopause has yet to start, damn!) I am still a creative person and my energy has always been higher than average; I feel this compulsion to write.

Next post I will maybe tell a little of my life story.....just because it is always good to remember.

No comments: